Restart Grants were announced by Chancellor Rishi Sunak in his budget last month – a one off cash grant of up to £18,000 for hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses in England.
The Restart Grant scheme supports businesses in reopening safely as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Grants are available from 1 April 2021.
Eligible businesses in the non-essential retail sector may be entitled to a one-off cash grant of up to £6,000 from their local council.
Eligible businesses in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors may be entitled to a one-off cash grant of up to £18,000 from their local council.
Your business may be eligible if it is:
- based in England
- in the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sectors
- trading on 1 April 2021
You cannot get funding if your business:
- is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance
You must notify your local council if your situation changes and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
What you get
Local councils will use their discretion to determine whether businesses meet the eligibility criteria for this grant scheme.
Eligible businesses will be paid:
- a one-off grant of up to £6,000 in the non-essential retail sector
- a one-off grant of up to £18,000 in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors
Grants do not need to be repaid but will be declared as income in your accounts
You should check your local council website for details and application procedure
Cherwell District Council
West Northamptonshire Council formerly South Northamptonshire Council
Warwickshire District Council https://www.warwickdc.gov.uk/info/20827/coronavirus/1553/coronavirus_information_for_businesses
You can find our Covid-19 Toolkit for small businesses here http://www.sapphirebusinessservices.co.uk/wp/covid-19/