We have created this Brexit Toolkit for small businesses and sole traders to help you navigate to the right place for the information that you need

Doing business with Europe has changed. New rules can be found on here:

You can find the Government interactive Brexit checker tool here:

You can speak to an advisor by calling HMRC’s Customs & International Trade Helpline on 0300 322 9434

Sources of help: 

The SME Brexit Support Fund could give you up to £2,000 to help with training or professional advice, if your business has up to 500 employees and no more than £100 million annual turnover.

You need an EORI number that starts with GB to import goods into England, Wales or Scotland. You’ll need a new one if you have an EORI that does not start with GB.

If you do not have an EORI, you may have increased costs and delays. For example, if HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) cannot clear your goods you may have to pay storage fees.

If you already have an EORI number and it does not start with GB you will need to apply for a new one.